Back to ancient Greece, Extra Virgin Olive Oil has been always used for the care of hair, skin, and nails due to its special properties. Since then, Extra Virgin Olive Oil has been a basic ingredient for many beauty DIY recipes.
Find below, five famous “must-try” beauty tips with our KORVEL Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil!
1. Face Mask: You will need 1 egg, 1 tbsp honey and 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Mix all the ingredients and apply on your face for 10 minutes. Then rinse with water and feel your skin extra fresh and hydrated.
2. Nail strengthener: Put some lukewarm Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a bowl and soak your nails in it for 10 minutes. Follow this easy DIY tip once a week and enjoy strong and healthy nails!
3. Hair treatment: Once a week, apply some lukewarm Extra Virgin Olive Oil to your hair roots and tips for about 1 hour. Then, wash your hair with your shampoo and conditioner as usual. For better and faster results, leave olive oil all night.
*Important: Shampoo your hair first and then rinse with water in order to wash the oil more easily. Just try for more shiny and strong hair!
4. Body Scrub: Just mix 3 tbsp brown sugar/sea salt, 1 tbsp honey and 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a bowl. Lightly massage your body with the scrub before shower. Try this once a week and have your skin smoother and cleaner!
5. Body Lotion: While in shower, apply some Extra Virgin Olive Oil to your body right after your shower gel. Your skin will immediately look more healthy and smooth.
Add these easy DIY recipes to your beauty routine and make your hair, skin and nails look healthier than ever before!
Let me start mentioning a few things about the question:
“What is a Mediterranean Diet?”
Mediterranean diet is the type of diet the Mediterranean citizens follow. From 1940s citizens from Greece, Italy and Spain inspired our diet habits enriching them with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, fruits, vegetables, cheese, yogurt, fish and cereals.
So, let me appose you the advantages that you will get by choosing the Mediterranean Diet.
1. It is well known that dietitians and doctors all over the world claim that the Mediterranean Diet contributes at preventing and curing heart diseases, diabetes, cholesterol and many others with great success.
2. This diet, apart from eating habits, includes also physical activity, preventing obesity and maintaining a good shape. It is also proposed by many nutritionists for losing extra weight.
3. The water is the main part of the Mediterranean Diet helping the body and the cells to function properly. Moreover, water favors our skin too by hydrating it and keeping it hale.
4. Last but not least, olive oil. Olive oil facilitates digestion. It has over 60 beneficial properties. But, you must be careful; Only Extra Virgin Olive Oil is included in the Mediterranean Diet!!!
Let today be the start of a healthier diet! Start the Mediterranean Diet!
The olive tree was a symbol of the goddess Athena.
A symbol of wisdom and excellence. The use of olive oil for therapeutic purposes has been known since 4000 BC.
Aristotle turned the cultivation of olives into a science.
Solon was the first one to establish laws for protecting the olive tree.
Homer likened olive oil to a golden liquid. Hippocrates, the father of medicine, describes it as the perfect treatment.
Over the years, more than 60 different uses of olive oil have been reported. For instance, on treatment of dermatologic diseases, muscle aches, ulcers and cholera, inflammation of the gums, insomnia, nausea, fever and stomach pain.
Also, to our ancestors, the olive tree was a symbol of the Olympic Games and peace.
Before training, athletes were rubbing themselves with olive oil.
Finally, Olympic champions were crowned with wild olive branch, which was the greatest honor.
Until today…the olive tree is a symbol of peace with beneficial properties.
Olive oil contains vitamins E and K, which are ideal for your cardiovascular health.
Vitamin E helps for the formation of blood cells, Vitamin K helps for normal blood clotting. It also contains iron, calcium, potassium and sodium in small amounts.
Daily consumption of just 23g of olive oil could keep your heart healthy, reducing the risk of coronary heart disease. If you have heart problems, just try Oil-Rich Mediterranean-style diet. It is the best way to keep your heart healthy.
Consumption of olive oil and raw vegetables is associated with a significantly lower risk of death from all causes.
*Practical Tips to keep your heart healthy*
✔️Fill a small bowl with extra virgin olive oil and use it on bread, rolls, potatoes or other vegetables.
✔️To get the most health benefit and flavor from your olive oil, buy and store oil in non-transparent containers and add olive oil to food immediately after cooking.
✔️If you don’t like the flavor, try adding a few drops of balsamic vinegar or a pinch of your favorite spices to the olive oil.